Platform for starters in the geo sector
200 courses, 20 online supports, 60 moocs,
10 work to work trajectories,
MOOC: Course on the basics of using Python in ArcGIS Pro
- Yes, I want to do this MOOC
In this course you will learn the basics of Python (data types, structures, lists, strings, tuples and conditional statements) and how to use them in ArcGIS Pro to explore: spatial data, the usage of dictionaries, manipulate spatial data, read and write geometries to text file. Work side-by-side with the presentation and feel free to ask questions when you don't understand something.
What you will learn:
- Learn the basics of Python
- Learn to work with strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries in Python
- Learn to use conditional statements and loop structures in Python
- Learn the basics of ArcPy
- Learn to explore spatial data and the usage of dictionaries
- Learn to perform geoprocessing on GIS data: manipulate data, read and write geometries to files
Python is a programming language that was designed and developed in the early 1990s by Guido van Rossum, who was then affiliated with the Center for Mathematics and Computer Science (previously Mathematical Center) in Amsterdam. The language is partly based on insights from Professor Lambert Meertens, who designed a language called ABC, intended as an alternative to BASIC, but with advanced data structures. The language is now being further developed by an enthusiastic group, led by Van Rossum until July 2018. This group is supported by volunteers on the Internet. Python development is led by the Python Software Foundation. Python is free software.