Geo-ICT Training Center, The Netherlands
200 courses, 20 online supports,
60 moocs, 30 trainees
Course: Drone Survey Fundamentals
- Planning and Registration
The course Drone Survey Fundamentals takes 3 days and costs € 1950. ( lunch, lecture material and the hardcopy book Drone Survey Fundamentals are included)
Online modules in basic mathematics, photography and basic geodesy will have to be completed prior to the 3-day instructor led training.
This course is intended for those people that want to understand the fundamental principles behind surveying with a drone to allow you to be able to carry out accurate drone surveys consistently.
Drone Survey Fundamentals is a short but intense training to ensure that you have all the theoretical knowledge and practical insights to make you an aerial surveyor. The course is packed with both the theoretical knowledge and practical tips gained
over decades of aerial surveying. We can share that knowledge with you and will make sure you do not make those costly beginners mistakes.
The course is not intended to teach you how to fly a drone but how to use the drone as an accurate survey instrument.
- Geodesy: Coordinate systems, fundamental calculations, vertical reference levels, geoids, spheroids, map projections, accuracies, precision and resolution.
- Satellite Positioning: We will look at how GNSS works, the sources of error and methods to eliminate the most common errors, methods to augment the accuracy of GNSS and how this applies to drone surveying.
- Photogrammetry and LiDAR: We will focus on how exactly this works, what accuracies can be obtained, how you can predict these accuracies and what to look out for when you purchase a drone, a camera and or a LiDAR system.
- Survey Data: will cover all you need to know about the different types of data and end products that are created with drones. You will learn the difference between vector and raster data sets, different types of terrain models and orthophoto mosaics and how these data sets are created.
- Competing Technologies: A brief understanding on how methods of data acquisition compare with drone surveying.
- Data Processing: We will highlight the steps required for processing drone photogrammetric data in AgiSoft Photoscan with essential tips as well as look at other data processing packages.
Geo-ICT Training Center, Nederland werkt in deze cursus samen met Skilltrade.
The course takes place with a minimum of 6 participants. If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then we will put you on the list and keep in touch. The course is usually scheduled within 2 months.