Geo-ICT Training Center, The Netherlands
200 courses, 20 online supports,
60 moocs, 30 trainees
- Planning and Registration
The GeoApps course lasts 1 day or 2 days and is planned in consultation with the supplier MapGear. GeoApps offers all kinds of tools to publish geo data online in clear, attractive maps: with a map viewer or embedded in your website or application. GeoApps is a cloud solution and can therefore be set up and managed completely web-based. The application seamlessly connects to open source techniques such as PostGIS, GeoServer and OpenLayers and can be linked to external data sources that comply with open standards such as WMS.
Within GeoApps it is possible to create a house style. This allows you to customize the appearance of the web viewer. When you click on workspaces you get an overview of all the different workspaces, you can create a new style via Create (by wizard) or Create (custom). The first often works best. You can of course also modify existing styles. Click on the workspace and then on Modify Theme.
The following topics are covered in the GeoApps course:
- Create a project
- Creating locations
- Creating Maps
- Information overlay
- Upload data
- Loading a shapefile, dxf and GeoTIFF (Datasets)
- Create a mask
- Furnish card
- Definition query
- Filter on the map
- Edit symbology
- Additional settings for map layers, labeling, object information
- Edit functions
- Map interactions
Objectives of this course:
- Get to know GeoApps to get to know the possibilities and benefits.
- Greater knowledge of the various web services available today
- Get GeoApps up and running for your entire organization.