Platform for starters in the geo sector
200 courses, 20 online supports, 60 moocs,
10 work to work trajectories,
MOOC: Geospatial Analysis for Urban Applications with GIS and a bit of Python
- Yes, I want to do this MOOC
Do you already have a GIS background but want to grasp its full capabilities? Do you want to take your first steps away from commercial GIS software to independent scripting? Are you a smart city enthusiast and you want to understand how to analyze urban problems to build useful applications? Then this course is for you!
Join me in this 2.5 hour course we will unlock more than enough tools and algorithms to highlight and analyze urban problems. Well packed with their background theory so that you don’t miss anything and that you also become ready to further delve into them and a 10 question quiz to test your knowledge!
- Data analysis in the urban scales to highlight problematic areas and inequalities
- Basic to advanced functionality of most GIS tools that are useful for urban geospatial analysis
- Use of Model Builder and arcpy to unlock the full potential of GIS
- Use of independent python scripts to supplement your GIS work and build the confidence to make your own algorithms
- Satellite image processing using python