Geo-ICT Training Center, The Netherlands
200 courses, 20 online supports,
60 moocs, 30 trainees
Course: Google Maps and Python
- Planning and Registration
The Google Maps and Python programming course takes 2 days and costs € 995. Basic knowledge of Python is an advantage. Everyone sometimes uses Google Maps. To determine a route or to take a look at the map. Google makes it possible to also apply this map data in third-party applications. The Google Maps web services are a collection of HTTP interfaces for Google services that unlock geographic data. By using Google's services, the data is provided quickly, reliably and up-to-date. With the Python client for Google Maps Services you can work with the web services of Google Maps.
The client includes the functionality of the following APIs:
- Directions API (plan routes)
- Distance Matrix API (measure distance)
- Elevation API (measure height)
- Geocoding API (converts coordinates into addresses and vice versa)
- Roads API (returns roads based on a location)
- Time Zone API (time zone information based on latitude and longitude.
- Places API (information about buildings, geographic locations or points of interest)
During this course, we'll first look at what a web service is and which ones are available. Then a connection will be made to this web service and we will see how to build a URL for this. We will also use the client libraries and the Python Client for Google Maps Services.
Learning objectives of this course:
- The student knows the different possibilities of the Google Map API
- You can integrate the Google Map API in your own application.