Platform for starters in the geo sector
200 courses, 20 online supports, 60 moocs,
10 work to work trajectories,
Course: Introduction to Hydrography
- Planning and Registration
The Introduction to Hydrography course lasts 2 days and costs € 1095.
Group discount: If you register several students for this course, a discount of 25% on the 2nd student, 50% on the 3rd student and 75% on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th student.
The course is intended for people who have not yet had formal training in hydrography but are now increasingly dealing with this field. This course hydrography provides valuable insights for managers, accountants, engineers and novice hydrographers.
Learning objectives of this course:
- Describe the purpose and importance of hydrographic measurements
- Describe different applications of hydrographic measurements (nautical charts, port and coastal management, offshore engineering)
- List the international standards that apply to the nautical chart
- Describe the legal aspects and risks and safety of navigation by seafarers
- Explain the principles of geodesy, oceanography and meteorology
- Describe positioning methods and accuracy assessment
- Explaining the tidal theory and measuring methods
- Describe the concepts behind bathymetric systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Indicate the methods to assess the quality of a measurement
- Describe the concepts and methods for processing and presentation of hydrographic data
- Explain what a geographical information system (GIS) is
View all our courses alphabetically