Platform for starters in the geo sector
200 courses, 20 online supports, 60 moocs,
10 work to work trajectories,
MOOC: Learn the FOSS4g Stack: QGIS 3 Desktop
- Yes, I want to do this MOOC
This course will learn you how to work with QGIS 3 Desktop. This course is part of an entire curriculum based on Free and Open Source GIS (FOSS4g) software, and represents one of the most comprehensive curriculum on FOSS4g. The curriculum are grouped into the categories of Desktop, Server and Developer parts of the FOSS4g stack. For this course, you will learn the most popular open source desktop GIS: QGIS. We'll start with a basic understanding of QGIS, and move on to more sophisticated uses of the software.
This course uses real data from Tompkins County, New York, and seamlessly integrates with other gisadvisor courses that will teach you Postgres/PostGIS, GDAL, Geoserver, and Python. You'll be working alongside me as we explore the functionality of QGIS, working with raster, vector, and attribute data. And most importantly, after you learn the basics of QGIS, we'll simulate some real-world examples of GIS projects and spatial analysis.
Whether you need to learn QGIS for your job, or want to get spun up on FOSS4g to nail that big interview, this course will prepare you to work with the ins-and-outs of QGIS, and give you confidence as you interact with other GIS experts.
The curriculum is designed so that you can start with either this course, or any of the other courses. They will refer back and forth with one another, and because we are camping out in the same geographic area, all the courses will use the same data. As you move through each course, you are going to have experience with all the different parts of the FOSS4g stack.
What will you learn?
- Understand the basic features that QGIS offers as a complete desktop GIS
- Learn how to use advanced capabilities in QGIS including plug-ins, statistical tools, modeling tools, and database capabilities
- Work on actual real-world projects, with real data, to understand the GIS workflow with QGIS
- Utilize QGIS to perform raster, vector, and database manipulation
- Understand how to complete a number of GIS projects from start to finish