Platform for starters in the geo sector
200 courses, 20 online supports, 60 moocs,
10 work to work trajectories,
MOOC: Massive Earth Observation Data Processing with the Sentinel-Hub Platform
- Yes, I want to do this MOOC
Sinergise, the company that developed Sentinel-Hub, is a software development company focused on large-scale GIS for agriculture and land administration,with a long track record in cloud GIS. While attempting to get Sentinel-2 data to their customers in Europe, Africa and Asia, they realized that current technologies were not up to the challenge. Transferring the massive amount of data and efficiently processing it into an image, useful to users, would be cumbersome, time-consuming and expensive.
Sentinel Hub was born out of the desire to remedy this problem. Sentinel-Hub has hidden the complexity of archiving, processing and distributing satellite imagery behind a set of standard web services which can be easily integrated into any desktop, web or mobile mapping application.
During this remote sensing online course you will learn how to leverage the power of Sentinel-Hub platform in order to create your own Earth Observation products!
We start with a simple introduction to they way Sentinel-Hub platform works and then we dive into:
- How to integrate it with your own desktop software and server services
- Examples of real-life EO applications
- Basic Sentinel-Hub Platform functionality
- Integration with QGIS, ArcMap, Geoserver
- Custom Scripting in Sentinel-Hub Configurator
- Sentinel-Hub OGC API
- Integration with OpenLayers, Leaflet and Google Maps API
- Real-life Earth Observation Applications