Platform for starters in the geo sector
200 courses, 20 online supports, 60 moocs,
10 work to work trajectories,
MOOC: Overview of LiDAR; system variations, data interpretation & applications
- Yes, I want to do this MOOC
Become an expert on LiDAR data and systems with this step-to-step course, starting from scratch
This video remote sensing online course gives detailed and broad information about how LiDAR systems works, their usability and interpretation.
According to Wanger et al, LiDAR is a growing technology used in environmental research to collect information about the Earth, such as vegetation and tree species. Earth observation images, acquired from satellites, have been used for years in earth monitoring. In respect to forest monitoring, satellite imagery does not contain information about tree height, diameter at breast height and stem density amongst many other important parameters for monitoring forest health at tree level. In the last couple of decades, LiDAR data acquired from airborne platforms has been increasingly used for forest monitoring, urban planning, archaeology, biodiversity and automated driving. Using this technology, the commercial forestry sector managed a 40% reduction of the expensive fieldwork that cost them millions of dollars annually.
Check out the curriculum for the detailed contents of this video course! Enhance your knowledge of Earth Observation and Remote Sensing along the way.
- Learn how LiDAR systems work
- Understand the differences between discrete and full-waveform LiDAR data
- Learn how to tackle issues using LiDAR in various application areas
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of various LiDAR systems
- Acquire an understanding of many algorithms used for interpreting LiDAR data
- Become aware of various available software able to process LiDAR data