Geo-ICT Training Center, The Netherlands
200 courses, 20 online supports,
60 moocs, 30 trainees
Course: Remote Sensing
- Planning and Registration
This lasts 3 days and costs € 1495. Remote Sensing is the collection of data about phenomena in the atmosphere, on the earth's surface and below the earth's surface by means of measurements from satellites and flying platforms (airplanes, balloons,
etc.). It has many application areas, including agriculture, environmental monitoring, nature mapping and spatial enforcement.
Within this subject, many specialists work together to realize operational spatial products. Think of developers of measuring instruments and satellites, software engineers and organization & policy experts. We call this the Remote Sensing chain. The course examines all facets within this chain: from sensor-platform combination, via raw data and image analysis, to final solutions for spatial information questions. Specific topics that are covered are:
the RS process, aerial photography and imaging, photogrammetry, multispectral RS, laser altimetry, thermal infrared and gamma spectroscopy radars and satellites, visual and automatic image interpretation.
During the Remote sensing course, exercises are done with Erdas software.
Content day 1
- Introduction and proposals
- History of Remote Sensing
- Relationship between Remote Sensing and other spatial techniques
- The Basics of Remote Sensing
- The Basics of Photogrammetry
- Data sources, where do I get my satellite images from?
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Theory behind radiation (Newton and Huyghens)
- Which satellite platforms and sensors are there?
- Photogrammetry for satellite images, ortho-rectification
- RADAR, LiDAR, Hyperspectral data and photogrammetric point clouds
Content day 3
- Indices, filtering, data transformations
- Classification, object based image analysis, machine learning and deep learning
- Time series applications and change detection
- Remote Sensing for vegetation issues
- Remote Sensing for air, water and soil issues
- You will learn the different methods of collecting spatial data
- You learn to arrive at solutions for spatial information questions through raw data and image analysis
You may also be interested in our MOOC Introduction to Remote Sensing