Platform for starters in the geo sector
200 courses, 20 online supports, 60 moocs,
10 work to work trajectories,
MOOC: Web Scraping and Mapping Dam Levels in Python
- Yes, I want to do this MOOC
Welcome to Web Scraping and Mapping Dam Levels in Python. In this course you will be exposed to multiple technologies, and topics such as: Web Scraping ETL, Python Django Programming, Web Mapping, and Data Visualization. You will combine each of these topics and technologies to create an end-to-end GIS web application.
What will you learn?:
- You will learn how to apply web scraping to collect dam level data from a website.
- You will then build a model, that you will use to plot the dam level data on a map using leaflet.
- You will learn how to use the Django Template Engine instead of Ajax, to pass data from the back-end to the front-end.
- You will learn how to build a spatial database using PostgreSQL.
- You will also learn how to build a small dashboard that floats over your map, which will contain graphs that will visualize your model.